- This event has passed.
Twitter activists – Negotiations, not escalation in Ukraine – join us as we tweet.
May 7, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Tweet to your representatives in Congress and tell them to oppose spending for endless weapons shipments leading to a possible nuclear confrontation! Tweet to Pelosi to unlink military and humanitarian aid for Ukraine. Tweet to tell President Biden, WH Chief of Staff Ron Klain, Secretary of State Antony Blinken & Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin to stop pushing for war with Russia, with US intelligence targeting Russian Generals for assassination (NYT). Instead support the following:
1) Lifting of sanctions for a Russian ceasefire and withdrawal of troops
2) Neutrality for Ukraine and no NATO expansion
3) Elections for self-governance in the Donbas (eastern Ukraine)
4) Return to the arms control agreements Trump abandoned with Russia
We will also be tweeting to news anchors and comedians to urge them to feature diverse voices for peace in Ukraine.
There is no military solution to this conflict. The Biden administration must address the humanitarian crisis while pushing for a negotiated solution.
Below are articles that may provide talking points. We want to tweet, retweet each other, and engage on twitter threads with followers of the Biden Administration.
Interested? Email Marcy@CODEPINK.org for an assignment or grab talking points from some of the article below:
- U.S. can’t absolve itself of responsibility for Putin’s Ukraine invasion (Andrew Bacevitch, The Boston Globe, 2/25/22)
- Daniel Ellsberg on the Existential Threat of Global Conflict (The Nation. 4/22/22. Sasha Abramsky)
- Tell us how this war in Ukraine ends (Quincy/Responsible Statecraft. Author: George Beebe)
- A more progressive response to the Ukraine Crisis (In These Times. Medea Benjamin & Nicolas Davies. 3/22/22)
- How could the US help to bring peace to Ukraine (CODEPINK Blog. Nicolas J.S. Davies. (4/21)
- The horrible dangers of pushing a US proxy war in Ukraine (Anatol Lieven, Quincy, Zcom.org, (4/29/22)
- A negotiated peace is the only way to end Russia’s war on Ukraine (CNN: Opinion by Jeffrey Sachs. Thu April 21, 2022)
- Wright, is there an ethical diplomat in the house? (Ann Wright, The Panama News, March 14, 2022)